Thursday, March 7, 2013

PHOTO CHALLENGE: My February Pix & A New March Challenge

February was a good month for picture-taking -- even though it was still winter here.  The highlight was probably the bald eagle.  I see him every day on my afternoon walk with my dog, Royal, and I was excited to finally get a few pix of him.


Here are some of my photos for the February Challenge:


Day 4 -- "My Favorite Music on My iPod Now"




Day 5 -- "My New Friend, the Bald Eagle"




Day 6 -- "Frozen Pond"




Day 9 -- "Foot Long"




Day 10 -- "Fork"




Day 11 -- "Flowers on My Walls" (4 photos)







Day 14 -- "My Funny Valentines"





Day 15 -- "Bad Feng Shui"




Day 17 -- "OK, Now He's Just Showing Off"





Day 20 -- ""The Feathers & The Fan"





Day 22 -- "Fiery Sunset in Durango"





Day 24 -- "Saw a Hawk on our Walk"




Day 26 -- "Furry Friends" (3 photos)






And now it's March, and time for another Photo Challenge!  This is a great way to get to know your camera and to gather reference material for drawing and painting.

Do as many days as you can -- or as many as you're inspired to.  And, have fun!

(I know it's the 7th of March already, but I'm going to include 31 themes anyway.)

MARCH CHALLENGE THEMES


1 - Out of Focus
2 - What I'm Doing Right Now
3 - Straight
4 - Key
5 - Apple
6 - Sweet Dreams
7 - In My Bag
8 - Big vs. Tiny
9 - Close-Up
10 - Rule of Thirds
11 - Moon
12 - Guilty Pleasure
13 - 5:00 pm
14 - Backlit
15 - Pastel
16 - Up in the Air
17 - Green
18 - Fruit
19 - My Neighborhood
20 - Bedside Reading
21 - A Smile
22 - Something I Wore
23 - Window
24 - Loud
25 - A Sign
26 - Sunglasses
27 - A Corner of my Home
28 - Before/After
29 - Delicious
30 - Kitchen Sink
31 - Toy











4 comments:

  1. That's cool that you create a theme for each day. Nice job. All those pictures look great. Turn some of those into watercolor! (The eagle!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks -- I don't always post a photo every day, but the theme gives me ideas. And, yes, I need to turn some of these into paintings -- currently working on a Rose painting, from a photo I took in December for the challenge. (I will be posting) Thank you for your comment!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know! There were two of them that hung around the neighborhood for awhile, but they're gone now -- until Christmas.

      Delete